Upcoming and Recent Lectures (and videos)
- April 21, 2017. University of Connecticut. “Toward Complicity: Making Queer Left Activist and Academic Knowledge,” Keynote Lecture for Borderlands: A Critical Symposium.
- March 9, 2017. Wheaton College Institute for the Interdisciplinary Humanities. “Making Suffering Visible: Critique in Queer Left Activism and Anthropology.”
- October 20, 2016. SUNY New Paltz. “Making Suffering Visible: Critique in Queer Left Activism and Anthropology.”
- November 16-20, 2016. Minneapolis, MN. “Making Suffering Visible: Critique and the Optimism of Queer Left Activism and Anthropology.” Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association.
- July 20-23. The University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan, Italy. “Connection and Contestation in Queer Anthropology.” 14th EASA Biennial Conference.
- May 13-14. Cornell University, Ithaca NY. “Collaboration and Complicity: Desire’s Limitations in Queer Left Activism/Academia.” Society for Cultural Anthropology meetings.
- February 23, 2016. UMass-Amherst, Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies.“Visions of Sexual Justice.”
- February 19, 2016. Hartford, CT. Panel discussion on Paris is Burning, Charter Oak Cultural Center.
- November 20, 2015. Denver, CO. “Epistemological Entanglements: Proximity and Desire for Knowledge,” Annual Meeting of the American Anthropological Association.
- Oct 16, 2015. CUNY Graduate Center, Anthropology Program, “Critical Desires / Queer Anthropology.”
- May 2015. Wesleyan University. Queer/Art/Poetics Conference: The Art of Queer Theory.
Videos of Lectures
- “Introduction to Queer Theory.” In Theory Lecture Series, Wesleyan University. Watch video
- “Sex Wars, Redux” at “Pleasure and Danger: Sexual Freedom and Feminism Now” Symposium at Northeastern. Watch video
- Summary comments at the Feminist Theory Workshop at Duke University. Watch video
- “Cultural Trauma, National Memory: BDSM Play with Slavery and Fascism.” Center for the Humanities Lecture. Watch video